Updated: 19th May 2016
Personal Information: this is information which you provide to us which personally identifies you, such as your name, email address or billing information, or other data which can be reasonably linked to such information by us.
Any personal information provided to or gathered by the Website is controlled by SoftBank Robotics Europe.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
The information we learn from our users helps us operate effectively, personalize and continually improve your surfing experience at www.ald.softbankrobotics.com. Some of this information is provided directly to us by you. Other information may be collected by observing the way you interact with our products and services. We may also receive some of your information from other sources that we may combine with the data we collect directly.
Here are the types of information we gather:
- If you set up an SoftBank Robotics Europe account on the Website, you may be required to provide personal information such as name, email address and country. When you sign in to a product or service using your SoftBank Robotics Europe account, we collect information in order to verify your identity, to protect you from malicious account usage, and to protect the efficiency and security of the SoftBank Robotics Europe account service.
- If you use our Website, products and services, we collect information that tells us how you interact with our services and products, and among other things the browser you are using, your IP address, or other unique IDs, the pages you visit and the features you use.
- When you download or use applications and/or products created by SoftBank Robotics Europe and, where applicable, have requested or consented to location services, we may receive information about your location and your product device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with personalized services and customer support.
- In order to tailor the Website to the needs of its visitors, we measure the number of visits, the number of pages viewed, and the activity of visitors on the Website, as well as their return frequency. During your visits, you are informed that cookies may be downloaded automatically to your browser. They are data blocks that are not used for identification purposes but are used to record information relating to your navigation on the site. It allows analyses of visits, audience measurements, and so on in order to improve the quality of the site.
Your browser settings allow you to be informed of the presence of the cookie and, possibly, refuse it.
- If you send us an email to apply for a position with SoftBank Robotics Europe, we will collect your email address and the full content of your email, included attached files, such as resumes, and other information necessary to process your application.
PURPOSE OF COLLECTION
SoftBank Robotics Europe uses the information collected to create, operate, deliver, improve and personalize the products and services offered. Information collected through a specific SoftBank Robotics Europe service may be combined with other information collected through other SoftBank Robotics Europe services in order to give you a better personalized experience in your interaction with us. We may also supplement this with information received from other companies.
The information collected may also be used to communicate with you, such as letting you know when an update is available, provide customer support, sending important notices such as communications about change of our terms, conditions and policies.
We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis and research to improve SoftBank Robotics Europe’s products, services, and customer/users communications.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
At times, SoftBank Robotics Europe may make certain personal information available to third Parties:
- Members of Softbank group (http://www.softbank.jp/en/corp/) corporate family to which SoftBank Robotics Europe belongs;
- Its subsidiary SoftBank Robotics America, 150 California St, Floor 10, San Francisco, CA 94111, United States of America, if you use the English version of the Website ;
- As part of a merger or sale of a business;
- With vendors, agents and licensors of SoftBank Robotics Europe;
- Other SoftBank Robotics Europe users, as authorized by you or your use of SoftBank Robotics Europe sites, products, services, applications and tools;
-When required by law or to respond to legal process or lawful requests, including from law enforcement or other government agencies;
- To enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements or protect the property and safety of SoftBank Robotics Europe, our users or others (this does not include selling, renting or otherwise disclosing your information for commercial purposes in a way that is contrary to the commitments made in this policy);
- With your consent: other than set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third party and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
STORING YOUR INFORMATION
Your personal information may be stored and processed in countries other than that of your residence, including Japan, Unites States, EU, and elsewhere in the world where our facilities may be located.
ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- You can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to take advantage of SoftBank Robotics Europe Website, services and products features.
- You can add or update certain information by logging in to your SoftBank Robotics Europe account. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the previous version for our records.
- For other personal information we hold, we will provide you with access for any purpose including to request that we correct the data inaccurate or delete if SoftBank Robotics Europe is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate purposes. We may decline to process certain requests, such as those that are frivolous, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. All requests regarding privacy requests should be sent to email@example.com.